Sunday, August 29, 2010

Starting our 31st week!




Well I have officially gone into the single digit week countdown. I just saw my doctor Thursday and she said that everything was right on track. I was measuring at 30 weeks and I asked if that was behind or ahead or on track and she advised it is right on track. I just finished my 30th week and so I wasn't sure if I needed to be measuring 30 weeks or 31 weeks. We heard Chloe's heartbeat as always and it was really loud and strong. My doctor said that Chloe must be a little hyper or active because her heartbeat wasn't being consistent. She said that if she is kicking or moving around while we listen to the heartbeat then it messes up with the readings. She did eventually calm down enough to get a good reading and her heartbeat is in the 150s which is good. I also asked my doctor if Chloe could indeed reach my kidneys and she said that she couldn't reach my kidneys, but she could be pressing on tissue that is pressing on my kidneys. She said that if I have that pain again I should call them because if I do think it is my kidneys then they have to be careful of any kind of infection. I guess with kidney infections it can get in your blood and I don't want that to happen.
Chloe moves around all day long. I was reading that most babies are more active at night, but Chloe is active all the time. I think she must be taking after her daddy since he does not like sitting still or not moving around. The good news is that her movements don't wake me up at night...yet. I've been pretty lucky with my sleep. I have definitely noticed that I am starting to get tired earlier again, but I'm able to sleep through the night.

I feel like I have really just popped the last few weeks and I know my belly is just going to keep growing. I can still see my fee so I'm not too big yet. We start our childbirth classes next week, which is a bit crazy. We will go once a week for four weeks and the classes are about 3 hours long! It is a little crazy to think that we are already ready for classes. I can't believe how fast everything has gone. We also start going to the doctor every 2 weeks rather than once a month! Zach and I have still been putting together Chloe's room. She has a lot of clothes! I had hung up all of her clothes and separated them by size, but now I only have room for newborn to 3 months to be hanging up and all the rest are in boxes in her closet. I think that I've used a little over 40 hangers just on her clothes, plus I have pants and sleepers in the dresser. It is crazy! We also tested out our monitor yesterday. We have the monitor that detects movement in the crib to help us know if she is moving and breathing. It worked pretty well once we got it all set up and Zach let me read the instructions.

Chloe will be here in no time and we are very excited and a little nervous, but still very excited!

1 comment:

  1. Jenna you look so cute! Zach you are cute too.
    We are all excited and looking forward to hearing about the arival of Chloe. She will need to be active to keep up with her cousins. We will keep you in our prayers for the healthy delivery.
    Blessings,
    Aunt Patty

    ReplyDelete