Monday, August 23, 2010

I think Chloe is already trying to test her limits...

Chloe is a very active baby. Our first ultrasound she was just moving and wiggling around the whole time, but she is also a very stubborn baby. For instance whenever my doctor checks her heartbeat she tends to roll around and turn on her back so my doctor has to work to get a good reading. She also likes to lay up high near my ribs and push on my ribs and it hurts, but after a few seconds of pressure from me she will move out of the way for a few minutes, but that uncomfortable feeling was nothing like what I felt last week during my 29th week.

I had woke up on a Saturday and thought maybe I just slept on my side wrong because my left side hurt. Zach and I had decided that that Saturday was going to be a day all about us because we had been doing a lot of running around and having family in town, going to see family and just plain busy. We were going to go see 2 movies and hunt for Noble Roman’s breadsticks. (which are the best breadsticks if you haven’t had them before) We were also going to go to the mall so I could get in some good walking since it is so hot outside. The pain I felt wasn’t too bad and it was more sore than anything. After we went to our first movie and had lunch my aches and pains seemed to get better so I thought that surely I must have just pulled a muscle or something in my side. We had a great time at the movies and even though our hunt for Noble Roman’s breadsticks was unsuccessful we still had a great time exploring the east side of town, which I’ve never ventured over to.

That Sunday the nesting set in because I was cleaning out the pantry, kitchen and various closets to make room for Chloe’s things. I felt really good and that pain in my side was very minor. I just tried to keep myself busy and not think about it, which worked most of the time. Then the work week rolled around…I woke up Monday a little stiff and sore, but nothing too bad. As the day progressed the pain in my side got worse and worse. I finally took a Tylenol towards the end of the day because I was just a little grumpy with the pain. The Tylenol helped a bit and I started to feel better, but when I got home I couldn’t shake the pain. Now I was thinking that I must have strained my muscle while cleaning out the closets. I put a warm heat sock on my back and tried to relax.

Tuesday was pretty much the same except by the time I got home from work all I wanted to do was just lay down and hope that this pain would go away. I had a dilemma because the pain was on my left side which is the side I’m suppose to lay on to make sure that Chloe gets the most oxygen and blood flow that she can, but that is the side where my pain was and it wasn’t comfortable to lay on that side. I decided I would just rotate sides every 10 minutes or so, but whenever I would move to my right side I would worry that I was hurting Chloe so I ultimately just stayed on my right side. I fell asleep early that night, but then by 1:30am I was wide awake and in a bit of pain. I tried walking around the house, I went and got some milk and then finally I decided to try and tough it out and go lay back down with my warm heat sock. I lied in bed awake until about 3:30am. I knew that Wednesday would not be a good day.

I woke up Wednesday and man was I sore. I didn’t know if it was because of my lack of sleep or what. All I knew was I was really sore. I decided that I would take my heat sock to work and help relieve some of the pain. I also decided that I would take Tylenol every 6 hours if needed because I was sick of this pain. I made it through the work day without much pain, but I did use my heat pad a few times and I tried to stand up and walk a few times. I got home and sat on the couch, but sitting on our cushy couch was not helping my pain and it seemed to make it worse. So I layed down, on my left side of course, but that didn’t seem to help at all. In fact, it seemed to make things worse. I got out the heating sock, but that didn’t help either. At this point I was at a loss and I was all by myself as Zach was still working. And then when Zach did finally get home I just couldn’t handle anything. I was just in tears because it hurt so bad to sit, stand, and lay down. I kept asking him if this is what he thought the last tri-mester was going to be like. Of course I knew he didn’t have the answer, but I just wanted him to say “no”. The rest of the evening I was in quite a bit of pain and I took Tylenol around 7pm to help, but it only dulled the pain a little. I was just trying to take deep breaths and relax and sit up straight. I knew that on Thursday we were going to go to the Chiropractor so maybe it would help or he could tell me what was up with my back. In the back of my mind of course I was playing out all my unrealistic worries. I knew that my mom was coming over the weekend and when my sister was pregnant it was around this time that my other sister and mom had visited her and then she ended up going into labor, so I was worried my mom was cursed or something. I also knew that I had been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing and “nesting”. According to what I’ve read a lot of people say that comes on about a week before you go into labor. All of these things swirling around my head with the clear fact that I tend to over-react easily, which was not a good combination.

I woke up on Wednesday around midnight and I tried to get up out of bed, but I couldn’t. It hurt too bad. So its now time to get some reinforcement. I decided that since Zach didn’t have to work the next day that it was okay if I woke him up. I quietly started to say his name and tap his arm and wake him up just to see how asleep he really was. He was asleep, but he woke up within a few seconds. Then the waterworks came. I just started crying and telling him that I was in so much pain and I don’t think I can do this for the next 11 weeks. He of course just asked what I needed him to do and get and how he could help. I being the unrealistic person just said I need you to fix it. Of course this banter when on because I wasn’t being much help but just telling him things like “fix it”, “get Chloe out of me” and “I can’t do this”. He finally just took the initiative and went downstairs got me my heat sock and Tylenol and water and came back upstairs. I was able to calm down a bit and I sat up straight against the wall, which for some reason helped. I put the heat sock on and took the Tylenol. After about a half hour of me sitting there. I then asked him if he thought I should try laying down or just try falling asleep sitting upright. He just looked at me like I was crazy and said lay down. So I layed on my left side and being the good husband that he is he was rubbing my back and my side to help with the pain. I fell asleep rather quickly and when I woke up on Thursday. I was a completely different person. All of the pain was gone and I could just pop out of bed and get ready for work. The pain never returned and when we went to the Chiropractor he said that my kidneys were back there and it was more than likely something or someone..cough cough…CHLOE…cough cough…was pushing on my kidney. I’m not sure if she can reach my kidneys or lay on them, but I do think something was going on with my kidneys as it was tender to touch those few days as well.

Zach’s conclusion was that Chloe is getting back at me and doing jumping jacks in my belly because I tend to do jumping jacks while I am sleeping and in turn pushing Zach to the edge of the bed. My conclusion was that Chloe must have been feeling neglected by Zach because as soon as he started rubbing my side and my belly on Wednesday night she calmed down and didn’t hurt me anymore. The jury is still out and I’m going to ask my doctor this week to see if in fact Chloe can push on my kidneys and what she thinks of the pain I had. I still am convinced it must have been something that Zach did because clearly I’m perfect! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment