Friday, August 27, 2010

Glorious Green Grapes!

I've always enjoyed green grapes, but I realized I had a problem. For our first New Years day married in Quincy we decided to do nothing. We had a slumber party, which is basically just sleeping in sleeping bags in the family room, and we had a ton of food. He wanted olives, pickles, cheese, bbq mini hotdogs, and nacho cheese. I wanted grapes, nacho cheese and polish mistakes or tiger temptations. We ate a ton of food and I wouldn't stop eating green grapes. I loved them and they were so good. I think I ended up eating the whole bag of grapes that day while we just lounged around and watched movie after movie. It was then that I discovered a problem. That evening I was sick. My tummy hurt and I just knew it was because of all the green grapes that I ate. So I decided to say good-bye to green grapes.

It wasn't that big of a deal, but every time we were in Texas Ermine would always have green grapes and they just called my name, but I knew they would make me sick. It wasn't until this last trip to Texas that I caved. I'm pregnant and they were just there and they were begging me to eat them. So I did. I had a little bit, not the whole bowl of course, but I ate some. They didn't make me sick. So I ate them all weekend and I was talking to Zach to see why would they not make me sick now. I thought maybe Chloe really likes grapes, or maybe Texas grapes are different than other grapes, or maybe Ermine does something to her grapes different, but then it occurred to me. Maybe it was because I had only a small bowl and not a whole tub of grapes.

So we got back to Arizona and I was going to test my theories. I went out and bought some green grapes and had a small bowl. This would prove if Texas grapes are different or if Ermine does something different. I wasn't sure what she could do different to grapes, but I never know. The whole bag of grapes lasted me for a week! I never got sick. So now I knew that it was either Chloe really liked grapes or I can only eat them in moderation. Every week I get a bag of green grapes and every week I don't get sick. I do have to separate them in small bowls or bags because I would sit there and eat the whole bushel if I could.

I love green grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment