Thursday, July 31, 2014

Way Behind...I mean WAY Behind

Well you would have thought staying home with the kids would allow for more blog posts and keeping up with everything, nope, not for this girl. I just can't get it together. Trying to get back into the routine especially now with the new baby coming. So here is what has been happening since my last post in NOVEMBER...oops. I told you I was way behind.

Christmas
This Christmas my family came from both Indiana and Arizona to all be together (minus Phil who had to work). My sister, Sabrina, and her family came via RV from Arizona. They were with us on Christmas Eve and stayed for a few days. Christmas day was a little crazy since there were 9 of us all opening presents from each other and from Santa. There were packages everywhere! The day after Christmas my parents and other sister, Christina, and her family came for a few days. We had a lot of fun all of us being together. Was it crazy...yes it was, but it was a blast! We went to the Gaylord to see the ice sculptures and ride on the tubes down the ice slide. The ice sculptures were a little underwhelming, but the kids loved sliding down the slide in the tubes. We also made a trip to the zoo and many other adventures. I was sick over most of the time that everyone was here and I passed it along to my niece and nephew as well. You are welcome! Merry Christmas :) All in all there were 14 of us and 3 dogs. It was a whirlwind few days, that is for sure. 

San Antonio Visit 
We made a trip down south to visit Zach's brothers and sister-in-law for a long weekend. We had a blast! His brother, Jeremy, lives near downtown so we were able to ride our bikes downtown to the Alamo and to some other areas of town. We went to this little amusement park that was just the right size for the kids. It was all from like the 20s or something crazy like that and all the rides were just for kids. Levi and Chloe loved it. I think we went twice at least. We also rode a train around the park and went to Sea World. Sea World was good, but it wasn't what I had remembered. The kids still enjoyed seeing the animals and the shows. Somewhere there are photos of the kids picking up dog poop with their uncle Jeremy. He was in his backyard cleaning up a bit and both Chloe and Levi wanted to help. So sure grab a shovel and scoop the poop. The kids thought it was great! I look forward to going back there again as that was my first time to San Antonio as well as the kids' first time.

Levi's 2nd Birthday
Well as with the blog, I also wasn't great at taking photos the past few months. We had a birthday party for Levi that was Minion themed. It was a lot of fun to have all of  Levi's friends over and the kids had a lot of fun. The photo I don't have is the fact that at his party, which was a few days before his birthday, Levi was burned by his birthday candles. I thought it would be fun to use sparklers as his candles and he burnt his finger. So needless to say on his actual birthday when we used an actual candle he was not a fan. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment