Thursday, July 31, 2014

Indiana Bound

Back home again in Indiana.....

We took a drive, a long drive, up to Indiana for a visit. Since I'm not working we decided that me and the kids would stay up there for a week while Zach just drove with us up to Indiana, then flew home, then flew back to drive back home to Texas with us. He's pretty good to us that Zach. 

The kids love Indiana. I mean they really do love it. I'm not just saying it because I love it, but they love it too. We did a lot while we were there. We went to several parks, the zoo, Dairy Queen, Pizza King, fishing, played with friends and cousins. Since it was Memorial Day weekend we also went downtown Indy to the 500 festival parade. Its a tradition that we use to go to as kids over Memorial Day weekend before the big Indy 500. This was Chloe and Levi's first real parade and of course they loved it.It was a great time and we had great weather. You never really know what kind of weather you are going to get in Indiana, but it was great so we were able to spend a lot of time outside playing. 

One night my sister Christina and I swapped kids. She took Chloe and Levi while my parents and I took Carter and Sydney for the night. We went out to a little Mexican restaurant that has my favorite white cheese sauce and I enjoyed not having to tell anyone to take any more bites or to turn around or sit still or any of that. Christina had Chloe and Levi at her house and she "laid down the law". They sat up to eat in her kitchen at the bar, which they thought was good, but Christina told them at her house they eat their food and don't play. Of course they ate really good for her, but one time Levi did something and so Christina said "No Sir" and Levi did a pathetic cry like he is known to do. He quickly got over it. 

The trip was very relaxing, or at least I thought it was. It was nice to be there for a whole week because we didn't have to cram everything in to just a few days.

The drive is about 15 hours and on the way there I drove at least 10 hours...now Zach did work part of the day but still I had to get this photo of him sleeping while I was driving.
Levi was OUT
This was Chloe's first time going fishing and she loved it. She still talks about going fishing and how she wants to go back. We even bought her a little fishing pole so Zach can take her around here.
Waiting for the train to bring our drinks at Pizza King. This is my favorite place to eat and even now Chloe will ask if we can go to the pizza place with the train.
Driving the Jeep at Aunt Tina's house while the rest of us were out eating Mexican food. The kids thought this little jeep was amazing. 

 
 
FYI...I believe you have to be on the full website to see the above 2 videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment