Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fun in the Sun

I've been itching to get out of town. I think that with me working from home most of the time that it has created more cabin fever than what I expected. Chloe and I try to get out of the house every day even if it is just for a walk, but now that the weather has been getting warmer we (I) are not as motivated to get out. When Zach and I lived in Quincy and the first few years here we would get out of town often, but now it's not as easy to just pick up and go.

I was really itching to get out of town over Mother's day, but we didn't think of it until it was too late. So we decided that we would get out this weekend. We wanted to go to California and the beach for a quick trip, but Zach hadn't taken the Sunday off and we had Chloe's doctor's appointment on Thursday so it would be a really really quick trip. So we decided to stay in town, but just go out to a resort in Phoenix that is an all suite hotel and has great heated pools. We've stayed there before and the side pools are always warm so we thought it would be great.




The weather was in the upper 90s and now that Chloe is allowed to go in the pool we would hit the pools as soon as we got there. And with my two kids (Zach included) we threw our stuff in the room and threw on our swimsuits. This time Zach decided to put on Chloe's sunscreen. We were so excited.

Because we have stayed here a few times we knew a little secret, well at least we think it is a secret. There is a main pool and then another area with a huge pool, waterfall, slide, lazy river, lap pool and sports pool and then there is the little gem. It is a smaller pool away from the main areas that is for people who rent out their "casitas" (or anyone who knows about it). Whenever we have gone in the past there are few if any other families there. So it was our first stop with Chloe. A little chillier than what I expected, but we got in and swam. It only took Zach and Chloe about 5 mins to get use to the water, but I took a bit longer. Most of my time was on the step or the side. I didn't get in until the last 15 mins or so.

Chloe was a little uncertain about the pool. I think we made the mistake of assuming she would just know that a pool was fun. We had a little floaty thing for her and we put her in it, but she wasn't excited about that. So Zach picked her up and held her and swam around the pool showing her that it was the same as her bath and then she started to splash and enjoy herself. She even liked her floaty as she could kick her feet and splash while Zach would pull her around the pool. I think we have a fish on our hands. We spent about 45 mins in the pool until she was getting pruney. Then we went back on Saturday morning for another swim. The morning swim there was another family and they had 2 children ages about 4 and 7. Chloe was glued to them as they jumped in the pool and splashed around.

There are a few things that I think every vacation should have. I think that there should be putt putt, Denny's for breakfast, donuts for breakfast and pizza for dinner. This wasn't a full blown vacation so I was happy that we had donuts for dinner/breakfast and pizza for dinner. We had gotten some powdered donuts for Zach for breakfast, but he surprised me on the way to the resort and stopped at the nearby Dunkin Donuts. That was a great surprise, but a big mistake. We got 25 munchkins and all of them were gone by 2 hours later. Donuts are a weakness of mine and munchkins are even worse. I couldn't stop eating them, but hey we were on vacation. After our pool time we ordered pizza because when you are having a pool day no one wants to get dressed and go out to eat. I want the food brought to me.

It was a great quick trip and on our way home we stopped at this little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant for lunch. It was good and we have decided that we are going to search out new little Mexican restaurants on our side of town because its great and its cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment