Sunday, September 26, 2010

5 Weeks and 5 Days to go!

Time has just flown by so quickly. We went to the doctor a few days ago and had a good report. I'm measuring right on track, Chloe's heartbeat is right around 140 and the doc checked and she is already head down. I also asked him why it felt like sometimes she was going to just fall out and after he had a quick chuckle he said "We get that question a lot". He basically said it is just the weight of Chloe putting pressure on me and then he reassured me that she isn't just going to fall out.

She's moving a lot different now. Even last week she was doing a lot of kicking and punching where my whole belly would move and this week it has been more slow motion moving. The slow motion moving is like she is just stretching and squirming around rather than rapid fire kicks. She still like to play games with Zach though. We'll be watching TV and he will start to feel around for her and as soon as he puts his hand on one side she kicks the other so he moves to the other side and she kicks where his hand was just at. After a few times she will eventually stop playing this game with him, but its always funny when it happens.

One thing I learned this week was that she moves around a lot while I'm sleeping. Everyone has been asking if she is keeping me up at night moving around or kicking and I always say no she must be sleeping at night. I was wrong. She doesn't wake me up, but the other morning Zach said that she was moving around a lot while I was sleeping. I was a little shocked because I didn't feel anything or at least it wasn't strong enough for me to wake up. He said that after I fell asleep he would just watch as my belly would move around with kicks and punches and whatever else she is doing in there. I just hope it stays that way where I sleep while she moves around in my belly.

We are done with our child prep classes and they were a waste of time. I was so excited about the tour and then it wasn't much of a tour. It seemed to only take 5 minutes and the rooms were all full so we just were given a quick look. I did learn good things to pack in our hospital bag...like clothes for Zach because that never once crossed my mind that he would need clothes. I also learned that you can prepare a birth plan and let the doctors and nurses know what you do or don't want. I just figured every birth was the same and they would do the same thing, but there are so many other options or choices you can make if you want. The other big thing we learned was that this day is all about us. Our teacher said it is the one day that you can make as special as you want and that we shouldn't feel guilty about trying to make it special for our new family.

The next step is our last 2 week doctor's appointment and then we start going every week until Chloe is here. Its just so crazy to think about having a baby in about 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment