Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Big News!

Let me first start off by saying that Zach and I are so very excited about becoming parents! We know that with our family and friends in all different states and cities we thought it would be a great way to update everyone on our new exciting journey. As I'm sure you can tell I'm writing this only 6 weeks pregnant and no morning sickness has kicked in yet...and hopefully won't.

Let me first just start off and say that I think Zach has special psychic powers or something because in January he told me that I was going to be pregnant in February and he was certain of this. I had to remind him that only 15% of people trying to become pregnant actually do each month. Although, he was a little disappointed he was still convinced that we would have a baby this year and that I would be pregnant in February. Zach's been the greatest especially just his excitement to learn everything. He had been on the Internet looking at early pregnancy signs and so kindly pointing them out to me, but then I would tell him that he is just imagining everything and that he is making me have fake signs to prove his point. Little did I know he was right on all accounts.

So when we did find out we were both extremely excited. I didn't really believe it, but after 5 positive home pregnancy tests over a 2 day span then I accepted it and became very excited. We of course could not keep it in and had to tell someone so I told my sister, Sabrina. She was very very excited for us and she called Adam and had him call me and he was very excited as well. I then couldn't stop myself as I felt it was like diarrhea of the mouth. I told the 3 people I work with who were all very excited as well. The next day Zach told all the guys he worked with and it would be their first white baby in the group so naturally they were extremely excited. We then decided to tell his parents and family, but there was a catch. They couldn't say a word about it to anyone as we were going to tell my family when they came out to visit the following 3 weeks and we weren't going to tell the grandparents and everyone else until after our Hawaii trip as we will have heard the heartbeat by then and the first trimester would be at an end. We decided to Skype with Zach's parents and boy was Ermine excited. She was basically a blur for pretty much the whole time. She was jumping up and down and very very excited. Steve on the other hand was what I think in shock. He was happy, but I don't think he pictures himself as a grandpa yet and someone had to be the calm, cool, collect one in their house as obviously Ermine was about to go crazy with excitement.

Now the hard part...not telling my parents until they come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment