Sunday, January 29, 2012

All About Levi & This Pregnancy

Well we finally finished Levi's bedroom! It has taken a lot longer than expected. Zach finished painting a few weeks ago, but we hadn't purchased or put together any of the furniture until the past few weeks. So now we finally have it ready. Not, that I'm ready for him to come, but at least he will have a nice room to come home to when it is finally time.
I realized that I haven't really done a whole lot of blogging the past few months about Levi and the pregnancy. I think it is partly because we've been a little busy and partly because I just haven't been in a "blogging" mood. So now I'll go through a couple things about this pregnancy.
Energy
I've definitely been lacking on energy this pregnancy. I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with Chloe, but I was also able to take naps and sleep in on the weekends. Now I can't come home and take a nap after work because I have Chloe to play with and I don't sleep in on weekends because Chloe is up at 8am. So my energy has definitely been zapped.
Size
I feel HUGE! I know that with each pregnancy you start showing sooner, but I just feel so big. Every doctor's appointment I'm measuring right on track, but I just feel huge...did I mention I feel HUGE! My hands and feet also swell all the time. I can't walk around for long periods of time with my arms down at my side because my hands swell really quickly. So I always have to push the stroller or the grocery cart just to keep my hands from hanging down at my side. Chloe has also found my belly button. She likes to pull up my shirt to see my belly button and poke it with her little finger. Then she laughs. It is really funny!
Cravings
I crave all things sweet. There are these wonderfully glorious yummy treats that I like to make, but I have had to stop making them because of how "healthy" they are. You take crescent rolls or biscuits and flatten them out a bit then stuff them with marshmallows and cinnamon sugar. Then you wrap them up and pinch all the sides together and put more cinnamon sugar on the outside. I even sometimes put honey on the inside...YUMMY...see they are just too "healthy" to eat all the time. I am allowing myself to have them instead of my birthday cake, but that will probably be the last time for awhile. I also crave Kool-Aid, oranges and McDonald's cheeseburgers.
Moving & Grooving
Levi moves and grooves all day long. Chloe moved around a lot, but normally she would move around just during certain times of the day. Levi just moves all the time. I like it, and he doesn't hurt me like Chloe did when she would kick back towards my back. I've even started feeling some of the Braxton Hicks contractions. I first thought my pants were just too tight and trying to suffocate me, but then it occurred to me that they are actual the "fake" contractions.
Emotions
I'm not normally a very emotional person. I'm really not great at consoling in times of need and I would rather make a joke than sit in awkward silence. While being pregnant with Chloe I was a bit more emotional, but nothing terrible. This time around it is just ridiculous. I have been so very emotional. I couldn't even watch the movie trailer for War Horse without fighting back tears. I cried when I accidentally put a virus on my computer because I first put the virus on and then because all of our videos since Chloe was born were on my computer. I did get the virus off and all the videos are safe, but it was a rough few days. I cried because one Sunday I didn't think I would get to have lunch with Zach, which is common because we only get to have lunch together once or twice a week. I cried when Zach received his paperwork from the travel agent for his upcoming trip to Jamaica for his brother's wedding. This has actually been a big easy trigger. In the almost six years we have been married we have only spent a total of 2 days apart and that was at 2 separate times. He's only going to be gone for 3 days, but just the idea of him being out of the country while I'm HUGE and pregnant and at home with Chloe has been hard. Being together is one thing that we have always taken very seriously. It isn't a trust issue just a fact that we are best friends and one of the topics we talked about before we got married as neither of us wanted it to be habit to be apart overnight. It is just how our marriage works so whenever this emotional basket case thinks about all the crazy "what ifs" like a plane crash or a strange kidnapping I just can't help but shed a few tears. Luckily my mom is coming in town to help with Chloe and to help time fly by while Zach is gone. For a normal Jenna this wouldn't be as big a deal, but for pregnant emotional Jenna it has been hard.
These are just a few examples as when I asked Zach about the ridiculous times I cried he just laughed and said he just blocks it out and doesn't take it too seriously.

Well only about 9 more weeks until Levi should be here. Maybe this last trimester won't be so emotional and I won't feel so huge, but more than likely my belly will grow larger and larger and the tears will continue to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment