Sunday, April 10, 2011

5 Months!

Baseball game
Jenna's parents with Chloe at Westgate
Keeping Ice on My Wisdom TeethChloe and Zach on the CarouselChloe and Zach going down the slide at Rustlers Rooste
Chloe is now five months old! This past month has been a great month, but it was also a very challenging month. We've been very lucky in the fact that Chloe has slept about 10-12 hours a night since she was about 10 weeks old. This month, however, that has all changed. I have read that at four months so many things are changing and babies are much more aware of their surroundings that sleeping patterns can start to change. That has definitely been the case for us and we are not too excited about it all. We think the biggest culprit is gas though. We started Chloe on oatmeal and veggies and ever since we started she has decided to wake up throughout the night with gas. And I don't just mean wake up and fuss a little. It is a full scream of pain. My first thought was that she wasn't ready for solid foods yet so we stopped for a week, but then she was waking up hungry around 3:30am because she had already gotten use to having the extra filling food. So then we were only doing oatmeal once a day, but still she was waking up twice a night with gas. I called the doctor and didn't get much help. It was more like well every baby is different so make sure you are only doing peas and green beans because those are the least gassy veggies and then we can do some apple juice if she is constipated or to try and push that gas through faster. We started the veggies again, but still she is waking up. We have now decided to try rice cereal twice a day and no veggies since rice cereal is suppose to be easier to digest. If this doesn't work we will go back to formula only and hold off the solids for a few weeks. Now don't feel too bad for us because she normally sleeps at least 7 hours before waking up early in the morning and then she will sleep again another 3 hours or so. We are still getting plenty of sleep as well, but it is a little more interrupted and a change of what we are use to. Wish us luck that we can get things back to normal.
Okay, enough of that. We did a lot this month. We went to Sedona, I had my wisdom teeth taken out, my family was in town and we went to a baseball game and that is just what we did as a family not what Chloe has developed. I would have to say that I have the most wonderful husband ever. When I had my wisdom teeth out I was miserable and I think more miserable than after giving birth. I was helpless too and for three days Zach pretty much took care of Chloe by himself as well as he took care of me too. I was pretty helpless too and I didn't know what to eat or if I could eat. I also did not handle the Vicodin very well and it made me sick so I was just on Excedrin every 5 hours which definitely didn't get rid of all the pain, but it was better than getting sick.
A week after my wisdom teeth were taken out my family came in to visit. We did a lot of great things and had a lot of fun. We went to this little amusement park, Castles N Coasters, and Chloe rode her first ride. She was on the carousel. Zach took her and of course she had to go on an up and down horse rather than one just standing still. Zach said she loved it and I think he was pretty excited about it as well. We also hung out at the park and went to Westgate so the kids could play in the fountain. It was a blast!
It was opening weekend for the AZ Diamondbacks this weekend so on Saturday we went out to the game. We weren't sure how Chloe would do, but we wanted to try because this was the first year we did not go to a single spring training game. Chloe did really well. We weren't able to stay for the whole game because of her bedtime, but we were there for a little over two hours. We even had to feed her at the game and she did really well. I had her in our wrap carrier so she was cozy and it was easy to handle her without a huge stroller. Everyone thought she was adorable. It was pretty cold out and rainy so it gave us an opportunity to wear her Nike track suit, but the pants are still a little too big, but she could wear her jacket. Zach was really excited about it as this was one of our favorite outfits that we got from our shower.
Not only did we do a lot this month, but Chloe is just growing by leaps and bounds. She did not go to the doctor this month so I am guessing her weight is about 13.5 pounds and she is about 25.5 inches long. She can't sit up on her own yet, but she is trying really hard. She is also standing up really well. She locks her knees and she will just stand for like 5 minutes until her knees give out. We still have to hold her to stabilize her as her balance isn't there yet, but we are just amazed at how well she is standing. Zach thinks she is going to skip crawling and go straight to walking. Chloe's hair is also finally coming in. I think it is going to be a darker blond or light brown, but we will just have to wait and see once it really comes in. She is also quite a rollie pollie and a wiggle worm when she plays on the floor and she is very interested in anything that we have or are eating.
Next month will be another great month as well. It will be Chloe's first Easter and we will be in Indiana to celebrate it. I'm so excited to show her off for the first time and of course to have some of the best food in the world! We are also going to get some family pictures done, which we are very excited about. I can't wait to see what this month brings

No comments:

Post a Comment