Friday, May 28, 2010

17 Weeks Down and 23 Weeks To Go!

Well, today was my monthly check-up with my doctor. We were able to hear the heartbeat, but it took the baby a little bit of time to cooperate. The baby kept moving from side to side and flipping around so my doctor couldn't get a good reading on the heartbeat. At one point my doctor said that she thinks the baby just turned his/her back on the doctor because the heartbeat was really quiet. Finally, and by finally I mean like after just 5 or 10 minutes we were able to get a good reading. The babies heartbeat was at 140 which I guess is normal for a baby. So I guess the old wives tale of the heartbeat predicting the gender is out since the heartbeat is suppose to be below 140 to be a boy and above 140 to be a girl.

The good news is on June 10th we are suppose to find out if the baby is a boy or girl. Zach is convinced it will be another Batsche boy, but I'm not too sure. I just hope that our baby cooperates during the ultrasound so we can actually see if it is a boy or girl. If the baby doesn't cooperate then I know it is God teaching me patience..oh I really hope that's not the case!

I did find out a bit of bad news though...from my last appointment to this appointment (5 weeks) I have lost one pound. You may be thinking "Why is this a bad thing?", and I'll tell you why. If I don't start to gain wait at the right pace then they are going to recommend, and of course by recommend I mean force, me to drink at least one supplement shake a day. Think something like Ensure. YUCK! I tried to explain to the doctor that I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that all I want is fruit and before I was pregnant I could care less about fruit. So take the added fruit and add in the 2 liters of water I have to drink a day and then subtract the soda I use to have, it's no wonder why my body is re-distributing my weight. Even after telling her this she still said if I'm not where I need to be by the next appointment then I'll have to drink a shake.

Okay, so I guess the news could have been worse. Check back in a few weeks and we will hopefully be able to let everyone know what gender the baby will be and I can stop calling the baby "it".

No comments:

Post a Comment