Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Birthday Conversation With Chloe

Chloe is a funny girl to have conversations with. It is that time of year that I start thinking about her birthday and Christmas. Since her birthday is in November I try to lay out what she is getting for both her birthday and Christmas so I don't accidentally give her something too soon.

This year we had an actual party for Levi's birthday and that was hard because we have never had a big party for Chloe. All her prior birthday parties we celebrated with family, but not her friends. Now granted for her 3rd birthday we were in Indiana so she loved that and she has never asked for a party, but being a mom who is determined to be fair with both kids it was hard. This year with Jillian's due date being so close to Chloe's birthday I didn't want Chloe to get shafted again so I am trying to have her help plan her birthday party to make sure it is special even though I'll be 9 months pregnant.

I've given her some options and we will see what she chooses, but I thought that while I was talking to her I would see what she wanted for her birthday. So here is our conversation about what she wants for her birthday.

Me: Chloe, what do you want for your birthday?
Chloe: I can't tell you.
Me: Okay, do you want any new toys for your birthday?
Chloe: Yes, just one toy.
Me: Okay, what toy do you want?
Chloe: I can't tell you.
Me: Well, don't you like opening gifts for your birthday? What do you want in those gifts?
Chloe: Oh yea, princess stuff like me and Daddy gave Evelyn.
Me: Okay, what else do you want?
Chloe: I can't tell you.
Me: Okay, do you want anything else?
Chloe: A white horse.
Me: Okay, do you want a little horse like your white horse or do you want bigger horses like the ones you play with at Mama's?
Chloe: Just a white horse.
Me: You want another white horse like the one you already have?
Chloe: No, I just want one white horse.
Me: So do you want another horse or just the one you already have?
Chloe: The one I have, that's all that I want.
Me: Do you want any new animals?
Chloe: Yes!
Me: Great, what type of new animal?
Chloe: I can't tell you.

So needless to say she doesn't know what she wants, which is a great thing because she will still like anything that she gets. When she says that she can't tell me that means she doesn't know. Zach laughed at me when I told him this conversation because he was like why did you keep going she obviously didn't know what she wants. I just want to remember these little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment